About the West Seattle Garden Tour
Begun in 1995 as a fundraising event for the ArtsWest Theatre, the West Seattle Garden Tour has evolved into an annual fundraising event for a variety of non-profit and educational organizations in West Seattle and its surrounding communities.
Many organizations have benefited from the proceeds of the garden tour throughout the years:
- Alki Wildlife Habitat Project
- California Substation Project Park
- Camp Long Native Habitat Learning Project
- Delridge Neighborhood Development Association
- Duwamish Longhouse & Cultural Center: Rain Garden Wetlands
- Elisabeth C. Miller Library University of Washington Botanic Gardens
- Ethel Dupar Fragrant Garden Lighthouse for the Blind
- Highland Park Elementary School
- Highline Botanical Garden
- Lafayette Playground
- Lincoln Park P-Patch
- Log House Museum
- Multifaith Works
- Seattle Chinese Garden Society
- Seattle Tilth
- South Seattle Community College Arboretum
- West Seattle High School Environmental Sciences Academy
Previous guest lecturers have included Marty Wingate, Ciscoe Morris, Marianne Binetti, Cass Turnbull and Willi Galloway.
What We Do
The West Seattle Garden Tour membership committee meets once a month to review the steady, building progress of the tour. This tour is comprised of many gardens, carefully chosen during the months of August-October by our talented Garden Selection Committee. We meet monthly, at an appointed member's home at 6:30 pm on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. We also engage in a pot-luck feast at each meeting, followed by the business of moving the garden tour forward.
We have a great many opportunities for garden enthusiasts, and you certainly don't need to be a Master Gardener to join!
Here are just a few of the committee opportunities available this year for those new members interested in joining:
- Garden Selection committee
- Volunteer committee
- Sponsorship committee
- Beneficiary committee
- Events committee
- PR/Marketing/Sales committee
- Graphic Design committee
Get Involved!If you are interested in becoming part of WSGT, please email the WSGT for more information.